Thursday, April 2, 2015

Hive #1- April Block

(Hive 1 only! If you're in hive 2, please follow the written instructions provided by Aimee)


For the April Hive 1 Bee block I have picked “X + Plus” blocks.  I asked for these same blocks last year but this year I’d like them to be smaller.  I’ll use this years and last years in the same quilt though.
There is a great Tutorial for making this block by Amy of BadSkirt. Please follow her directions to make a 7.5” finished block (8” unfinished).

Color palette and fabric selection: bold colors of the rainbow. Pastels are OK as long as the whole block is not pastel. Please use multiple colors in the block.  Blender prints are great but please stay away from solids unless it’s for the center plus. Multicolored prints are fine too. Also, please no batiks. The scrappier the better. Please do NOT make the entire block monochromatic though. I would prefer these to be as scrappy and multicolored as possible.    For the lighter background fabric please use a light colored low volume print.

Here and here are some great examples of the style I am aiming for.

I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment